$100 Room Challenge, Week 1: Big Boy Room
**This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclosure here.**
Can you believe it's September already?! Where does the time go?! It seems like only yesterday I was embarking on this blogging journey, fumbling my way through social media and all things blogging related that I had no idea would be part of the fun. I am super grateful for what Dapper House Designs has become and hope that you've enjoyed being part of the journey as Dapper House continues to grow.
One of my favorite things about blogging is that I've been able to meet (through my computer screen of course) a group of wonderful, supportive bloggers that continue to inspire me everyday. One of those said bloggers is Erin, from Lemons, Lavender, and Laundry, who has an amazing blog about my favorite things - all things home of course! She is also the creator of the $100 Room Challenge. If you're not familiar with the challenge, the goal is to refresh/update a room for $100 or less in one month.
$100 - you read right. And if you think it can't be done, check out my powder room reveal post where I transformed my powder room for less than $100!
So the September month means that there is another $100 Room Challenge starting and I am SO super excited because I have decided to participate again. This time, I'll be tackling my little one's nursery and turning it into a big boy room. (Don't mind me, I'll be the one crying in the corner!)
As much as it pains me to see my little one's nursery disappear, I'm super excited to give my baby boy a big boy room so that maybe it will entice him to start sleeping in his own bed (this will work, right?!!) I have big plans for the space and a lot of DIY's that I am sure will keep me busy for most of the month and I plan on taking you on the ride along with me!
To get started, lets take a look at what the room looks like now:
Goals for the Big Boy Room:
- Paint closet doors - I am thinking navy blue to help bring in some color to the room. I really don't want to paint walls!
- Move dresser/changing table into closet - This will help give him more open space to play.
- Make guest room queen size bed into a low toddler bed - This will be my big DIY for the room. I plan on repurposing the bed that I DIY'd a couple of years ago with my dad and currently being used in the guest room into a low toddler bed.
- Purchase new bedding - I'd like to find something to fit the nautical theme of the room.
- Create gallery wall with the existing art work.
- Remove existing shelves and replace in new location.
- Cover all holes, patch and paint.
- Paint current crate shelves - If I paint the closet doors navy blue, I want the crate shelves (check the DIY) that are right next to the closet to stand out. I am thinking I want to paint them a bright yellow.
- DIY something to decorate above the bed - I may have to get creative here as my list of wants for the room is getting quite big!
Would YOU want to sleep here?! I sure hope my little one does because Mom and Dad want their room and bed back!
Follow along as I show you the process of how I make the above a reality this month!
Also, make sure you check out all the other bloggers who are participating in the challenge! If you've ever struggled to update a room on a $100 budget, this is the place to get inspiration!